Saturday, June 15, 2013

January 3rd, 1918

January 3, 1918

Dearest Ella-,

                I am very sorry that I did not receive those letters you wrote to me. These fourths the mail and things that were sent to me at the training camps were returned to the sender.

                I received the letter you wrote Oct. 28th. Ella I heard about three months ago that you were going to join the Red Cross from Beryl. I did not know your Salt Lake City address and I wrote to ask Beryl to send me your address and to show you the letter I wrote her or to tell you to write I don’t remember which.

                I did not get an answer to that letter I received yours and her letters at the same time.

                So you don’t believe in fortunes. I think it will be a misfortune for you when I get to S. L. city because I am going to try to see you the first I get there.

                So Louise and bonnie remind you of me. In what way? I would sure have like to been there when you were down to see them.

                Well, Ella, I have seen lots of country while over here but I am longing for the day when I can go back home again.

                I had the very best time of my life last spring with you. Maybe next spring I will be back there again.

                I think I will work around Salt Lake when I get back.

                I am feeling well. Hope you are allright. How do you like being a nurse?


                Must go to chow now. 

With Love, Orson

Here is the Letter with the Envelope.

No comments:

Post a Comment