Saturday, June 15, 2013

10 Dollar Letters

Hi Everyone,

The first weekend of June 2013, I was out garage sale-ing with my husband. We find this older gentleman selling many antiques and treasures from his mom (like a old doll from the early 1900s), and even some of his own stuff (like a bike from the 50s!)... but what I find was a very special treasure. These old letters.

The Letters
I asked him to explain what he knew about them... He said they were his mom's aunt's friend's letters. As I picked one up, I realized I was holding a letter from the 1920s!!... not only that, but it was a soldier's letter back to his girl... (whom he ends up marrying). I was greatly intrigued and inspired.

He was selling the letters for two dollars each. I bought one. My initial desire was to share with the daughters (our next generation) the history of the war and war letters... that period of time from a true perspective. I was excited about my one letter! :D

Well, eventually, I came back and bought the box for ten dollars. I have now decided to share and write each letter here with you.

I know it will change my life... and I hope that as we journey through this you, too, will see our history in this unique (and rare) perspective. :D

~Yuliya

No comments:

Post a Comment